Dienstag, 8. April 2008

Not Cock Fight. "Gaggi" fight

Our cat is becoming bored. This was to be expected, as she is meant to be an idoor/outdoor cat. Yet, she couldn't make it below the 2nd floor in the stairwell. Now, her boredom has set her about wandering the neighborhood. In fact, she wanders over to our neighbors home, pops inside and visits the folks who normally cat-sit her. Then she pees on their doorstep.
She's a teeny cat, but she is friends with a massive Maine Coon cat (Ivo's folks)and they go about the neighborhood together. I try not to worry about her, but she came home the other day with a scratch on her side and then.....
...Well see, I was laying in bed, reading. It was late and Ivo was working on his paper. Though we were at opposite sides of the apartment and both had closed windows in our rooms, we both heard a cat scream out and jumped into action. Ivo said that he'd go have a look, and I finished the paragraph I was reading before taking my nervous-pet-owner pose.
The two came in and were a sight for sore eyes. Ivo was holding the cat at arms length. Something dark was smeared across her fur on one side.
"Oh no!" I said.
"Oh yes!" Ivo said in a most insensitive ticked-off sounding voice.
"What did you see? was she fighting? Was it a big black cat?"
"She hissed at me and then I picked her up, and she's got gaggi on her!" He said, obviously breathing through his mouth.
"poopy?"
"ja! Gaggi!"
"How did she get poopy on her in a fight?!"
Ivo gave me a look that suggested that he had already put enough effort into this rescue that he need not take the time to imagine how a cat fight could come to involve excrement.
The conversation dissolved predictable into me making low-brow jokes about our S&M cat, as she cleaned herself with her tongue and began to stink less. Politely refusing to sit upon our bed until she was properly clean. Guess that's all part of life as a cat owner.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen